My Shopping List
Grilled Tenderloin Sandwich with Wisconsin Fontina
Courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
Marinate: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 to 2 1/2 lb. center cut beef tenderloin
+ extra virgin olive oil
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ 1 c. sour cream
+ 3/4 c. (3 oz.) Wisconsin Asiago cheese, shredded
+ 2 Tbsp. bottled roasted garlic, chopped
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
+ 1/4 tsp. pepper
+ 1 large red bell pepper, sliced into rings
+ 1/2 c. butter, melted
+ 1 loaf (16 oz.) French bread, sliced in half lengthwise and crosswise
+ 2 c. (8 oz.) Wisconsin Fontina or Gouda cheese, sliced
What to do:
1. Preheat gas or charcoal grill to medium heat.
2. Brush tenderloin with oil, season with salt and pepper; let stand at room temperature for 20 min.
3. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, Asiago, roasted garlic, salt and pepper; mix well.
4. Sear beef over direct heat for 10 to 12 min. Move to indirect heat until the internal temperature reaches 140°F. Remove and let stand.
5. Brush pepper rings with butter; grill for 5 min.
6. Brush cut sides of bread with butter and grill until toasted. Spread bottom halves with sour cream sauce; top with pepper rings.
Cut tenderloin into 1/2-in. thick slices, placing over pepper rings.
7. Cover with Fontina cheese. Top with bread. Wrap in foil; grill for 5 min.
8. Unwrap and cut each into 3 sandwiches.
Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay