My Shopping List
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Serve With:Servings: 4
Serve with hot rolls and a crisp green salad.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 1 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 4 small mackerel, fresh or defrosted
+ 3 tsp. coriander seeds
+ 3 tsp. allspice berries
+ 3 tsp. whole green peppercorns
+ 3 tsp. cumin seeds
+ 3 Tbsp. white vinegar
+ 1/8 tsp. tabasco sauce
+ 1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
+ 1/8 tsp. aromatic bitters (opt.)
+ 2 oz. butter
+ Garnish (optional): chili flowers and/or fresh lime or lemon wedges
What to do:
1. Grind spices using a pestle and mortar or place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
2. In a small bowl, mix vinegar, Tabasco, Worcestershire sauce and bitters together. Add crushed spices.
3. Make 3 diagonal cuts on one side of the fish and brush with spice mixture. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hr.
4. Melt butter in a large shallow pan until sizzling. Fry the mackerel for 5-6 min. until the spices have turned black. Turn fish over and cook for another 2-3 min.
5. Garnish and serve with hot rolls and a crisp green salad.
Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Pinot Grigio, White Zinfandel, Sauvignon Blanc